Saturday, November 4, 2017

French Program/ Daniella Vollaric in Paris




 
 
"I've been in France for a little over a month now, so I just wanted to check in and say hello. It's still difficult to be here so far away from my home and family, but I'm sure now that I absolutely made the right choice in coming here. In just this short time, I've already been lucky enough to make some friends, travel a little, and learn a lot. It's incredible to think about how far I've come and how much has happened in such a short time here, so I can't wait to see what will happen in the next 6 months. I'm also in luck that Sean has decided to spend another year in France, so we plan to meet up in Paris some time soon. A little Adelphi reunion!

I also really want to thank you all again. Without your letters of recommendation, emotional support, and words of encouragement, I wouldn't be here. And that would have been a terrible mistake. So thank you for convincing me that I could handle this when I was so unsure about my decision. It really means a lot to me, and I'll always be appreciative of your help. I hope all is well with all of you and the department, and I very much look forward to coming to visit when I return home."

No comments:

Post a Comment